Office of Research
The MSUCOM Office for Research encourages and supports biomedical research at the college’s East Lansing site, its Southeast sites, the Macomb University Center and in Wayne County at DMC (Detroit Medical Center), as well as throughout the Statewide Campus System of affiliated hospitals. The office facilitates research related activities between the college and university central administration, as well as between MSUCOM and other MSU colleges. It provides assistance to college affiliated physicians and scientists working to develop successful research programs and assists MSUCOM students seeking research experience.
What we do:
● Assist researchers in identifying extramural funding sources
● Provide pilot study funds for research; PI’s must have proposals ready for submission requesting extramural funding to request such funding.
● Offer research development consultation
● Provide study design consultation and support
● Provide editorial assistance for grant proposals, fellowship proposals,
journal submissions, and award applications,
● Assist faculty, staff, and MSUCOM students in obtaining the training required to succeed at biomedical research.
J. Justin McCormick, PhD
Associate Dean for Research & Graduate Studies
1129 Farm Lane - Room 341 Food Safety & Toxicology Bldg
East Lansing, MI 48824-1316
Phone: (517) 353-7785
Fax: (517) 353-9004