Though applications can be submitted at any time, it’s best to begin the application process early and spend time doing a thorough job with each aspect. While the scholastic atmosphere within the MSUCOM is very supportive, the application process is extremely competitive and only the best candidates are offered a seat in the class. Right now, roughly one in every 17 applicants is selected.
- Begin the process early; review the requirements and take your time on each step.
- Think about who you would like to ask for a professional recommendation; do not ask family members.
- If you are unhappy with your MCAT score you may consider retaking the test.
- We will accept both the old and new MCAT for up to three years.
- Have you spent time on community service projects? This is a major consideration in the MSUCOM admission process, so it’s a good idea to make sure you have a solid base of experience before applying.
- Consider making an appointment with an admission advisor to assist you in the process
- Check out our admission website for monthly admission webinars.
If you have the desire to serve others, the passion to heal and the love of learning, you are well on your way to a successful medical school career.
We’re saving a seat for you!